Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Baby making just ain't what it used to be

Kirk and I have been trying our luck at In-Vitro this summer. I can't even explain how many wonderful blessings we've received, how many stars have aligned and how much support we've been given. We did our first cycle in June. We were just SURE it was going to work. We knew it... It didn't. We were very sad. Of course this is common, for it not to work, but we just KNEW it would work! So we spent all of July re-grouping, praying, resting our emotions, updating our adoption papers, etc. We wondered why we were so clearly led down this path, hand in hand with our Father in Heaven, only to be so disappointed. We truly didn't understand.

Then our wonderful, kind and GENEROUS fertility doctor gave us a call and offered us the wonderful opportunity to try again using our remaining frozen embryos, at a price that was too good to be true. We truly love that man.

So in August we started our second cycle, meaning I started take a LOT of estrogen, poor Kirk! Today our frozen embryos were thawed. We got a call from the doctor's office at noon saying that he recommended that we transfer the embryos today! (the goal was to have them healthy enough after the thaw to grow them for two more days to give us a better idea of their quality) We hopped in the car and were at the Dr's office an hour later. They transferred 3 embryos of good/fair quality. They say that we have decent shot at getting pregnant considering the quality of the embryos. I am so nervous I just want to go to sleep and wake up when it's all over!!

I have been overcome with fear and doubt throughout this whole second cycle. I think my brain is trying to protect me. But tonight I am changing my tune. I am praying for faith to TRUST my loving Father in Heaven, courage to believe that He will bless us with this thing that we desire so badly, and strength to push aside the fear and doubt. That's not too ambitious is it?

All we need is a miracle!
(break out into song if you'd like.. I did)

So that's my story. We'll see how it goes!

19 comments:

chiara family said...

I love miracles, and I believe in them... Good Luck, glad that we cansee what you are up to...We love you guys..

P.s. how do you make the blog cute.. you know I don't do a very goood cute but I am trying so how do you do it??

Kimberly said...

Wow. We're praying lots. We didn't drink Joe-Boo's rum, so all should be good! But seriously, We love you very much and pray everything will work out. Take Luck.

Kristi said...

Wow! I'm singing along now too...too bad you can't hear me. :) We are definitely praying for this miracle.

Audrey said...

I can't imagine how emotional this entire process must be for both of you. We will keep you in our prayers.
I'm super excited to see you've joined the blogging world!!

neffgang said...

Kirk and Feav,

Love the blog. And here is my favorite scripture when faced with fear. It settles me down pretty quick. 2 Timothy 1:7

Good Luck with everything!

Steph

Anonymous said...

nobody is more deserving than you two. We're praying for you!

Heather said...

Thanks everyone! Your support is what keeps me going

Josie said...

how gorgeous is your blog! you have such great taste. and I had no idea you were going through all of this. i admire your faith. we will DEFINITELY be keeping you in our prayers. i'm pretty sure charlie has a closer relationship with H.F. so I'll put him on the task.

now i can keep tabs on you. hah! love it.

Birgitta said...

I just love you and think you are very strong to do this again. We pray for you and Kirk.

Miracles happen...I have four of them! :)

The Edwards Family said...

I am a true believer in miracles. We love you guys and are praying for you.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Good luck Heather!! Well I guess more than luck is I will help pray for you!! What great faith you have to put your full trust in the Lord. Love ya and welcome to the blog world!!

Scully said...

So glad you joined the blogging world! I'm sending thoughts and prayers and crossed-fingers your way! And your blog is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

*Prayers* & *Good Luck* :)

Scott & Tami said...

Heatha-honey!!! Yeah, I love that you blog girlie!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers...miracles happen and you deserve many!!! I love you girlie...stay positive...you are such an awesome example to me!!!

RR said...

Hi Sister,
I think of your sweet face all the time. My heart goes out to you and your hubby during this time. I know that one day you will be an awesome mom. You are so kind and funny. Glad you finally joined the bloggers!

Unknown said...

we had no idea you were trying in vitro. We will pray for you!
Amanda Colby

Melanie said...

Heather - you sweetheart. Your comment on my blog was so nice to get and feel that you really cared and then I come over to your blog and see all that you are going through and I can't imagine that what I am going through are really challenges!! Danielle has kept me posted a little bit on things your direction and if it makes you feel any better I pray for you and Kirk every night. I just know you will be phenomenal parents (will you offer classes to lame-o's like me??). Anyway, thanks for your sweet thoughts...things are looking up for us and we feel blessed the cancer was caught when it was.

I hope you don't mind if I check in on your blog every once in a while. I didn't know you had one until today!! And don't you ever feel bad about the you-know-what because you know I would be mad if you did...that's what friends are for.

Duludes said...

Congrats on the joining the blogging world. I can totally relate to you two and the true faith builder it is to just let Heavenly Father take care of things in his time frame. Joel and I haven't had in vitro treatments but with trying for over 3 years and doing other test it can be a very trying and discouraging time. Luckily you live in a great place with so many great doctors for in vitro. My sister in law is pregnant with twins through in vitro. She has a six year old that they had through in vitro and then the second time they tried it didn't take and now the twins are well on there way. Continue to be brave I'm sure that it isn't all fun the procedures that you have to do. I wish you two luck.

Lindsey from The R House said...

STRESS. i agree. baby-getting just ain't what it used to be.

tears and hopes and prayers for you.