Friday, October 10, 2008

Moley Moley Moley

I had two moles removed on Monday.  Maybe this is too much information for you.. forgive me if you find yourself in this category.. But I myself am quite excited about it! And do you want to know why?? Let me share with you a little story..


a few years ago.. nearly three now, Kirk and I were invited to carve pumpkins with my brother Jeremy's family. Alaina was just 16 months old at the time and so super cute.. These are pictures of her that night.. 




Before we started carving I was holding Laina on my hip while she ate a small pile of raisins her mom had put on the bar for her.  She ate a few... and THEN she looked up at me and spotted the mole on my neck.  She literally squinted her little eyes and with immense concentration tried to pinch it in her fingers.. no doubt to give it a little taste as it looked no different from her raisin snack..  TRUE STORY!  We got a real good laugh out of that. Kirk still teases me about it all the time.  

So now, three years later, I've finally decided to just get the appetizing little beauty mark removed.

S'long moley moley!

10 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

I have had to bid fair well to some of my moles to, I think it is the Scotish blood in us.

Kimberly said...

HA HA HA. That's such an awesome story. Alaina was (and is still) so cute!

Kristi said...

Funny story!!! Yesterday, as a surprise Erik picked up Bryn from school. When she didn't see me, she looked around. She said she saw a man but didn't recognize him until she saw the mole on his toe; then she knew for sure it was her dad.

Karen Brothersen said...

That is freakin hilarious! Good for you!

Unknown said...

That is too funny!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Great story! I know I can always count on the Perrins' for entertaining stories!!

Danielle said...

I forgot about Alaina's mullet! How expensive is it to remove moles, Hobber? What a lovely question, I know, but I have the same Scottish genes you do!

Missy said...

Chiming in on the funniness!

By the way, good to have you blogging!

Birgitta said...

Jeremy just got 5 moles removed off of his head a couple of weeks ago. One of them could have been cancerous...so, they really cleaned it out...now he has like 6 stitches inside and 5 stitches on the outside of his noggin. I can see you are all related!

Amanda said...

I have had about 20 removed. I had a super nasty one on my back. I had always hated it, but then my loving brother-in-law pointed out that it looked like a cocroach, and then it really had to go. I first had it removed about 15 years ago, but then it started growing back (or one int he same place.) Because it was right on my spine, and apparently anything on your center-line is especially dangerous, I had it re-removed last year - very fun. I just don't want to get melignant melanoma, my grandma had it and it is not fun. Good for you having those removed!