Monday, October 27, 2008

My what a fancy sandwich you have!

So, have you ever felt like slightly less than an overachiever when you've served your family grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner?  I mean, it's not like they're bad or anything, but you have to admit you mostly make them when you're just too tired and hungry to make something else, right? Well.. try serving it THIS way.. THEN we'll see who's the underachiever! 


I actually discovered this on accident. I always cut the sandwiches with my spatula while they're still on the grill.. but I usually don't end up cutting all the way through.  So when I lifted the sandwich once it actually fell on my plate like this!  Now I serve it like this every time. The first time Kirk came to the table and saw his fancy grilled cheese sandwich.. he was like.. Wow.. what's the occasion? :) Of course he had to make fun of me.. but deep down I know he thought it was the coolest thing ever.

You aught to try it sometime, your family will be SO impressed!  And you'll all get a good laugh.

I really crack myself up sometimes. 

10 comments:

Adri said...

You're hilarious. I'm totally trying it. We have grilled cheese all the time. Because, let's face it, I hate cooking and I'm ALWAYS too lazy to make dinner.
I'm glad you have a blog!

Birgitta said...

I will try it out next time...thanks for the tip.
;)

Our underachiever food is waffles. Although, they are still made scratch...only because we always have flour, milk and eggs.

Danielle said...

You should be cracking yourself up! That was funny. But what I think is so funny is that you actually took a picture of it! hehehe

Kathy’s Korner said...

You are so funny and so creative!

Melanie said...

Are you kidding? I am TOTALLY trying that. My kids will think I am the greatest. And just to warn Danielle, I'll probably take a picture of it, too. Maybe you could market that idea and make millions.

Heather said...

Thanks gals.

You know, I take pictures of everything now.. Hey, I gotta have something to blog about! And it's much better with a photo.

You take pictures of everything too you know!

Miken Harding said...

I love you! I am gonna try that for dinner tomorrow! I made some mean enchilladas for tonight-yummy sister Gomez!

Sarah Rowley said...

O.K. I don't understand this whole comment thing, but I read your comment about Kathy hating Halloween. Too funny! But really I thought my mom was the ultimate scrouge! I guess those two women must have fed off of eachother. (I am sure your mom will read this!)They do seem to have a lot of philosophies in common. Anyways, I guess you would call me a rebel then since I love Halloween!

Kristi said...

That's what I call a HAPPY ACCIDENT!

Kimberly said...

Kirk is starting to sound like his mother!