Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Graham Crackers n' Milk

I LOVE graham crackers and milk. I just ate a whole package. Who knows, maybe I was born with an inherent desire for the slushy goodness of milk-soaked graham cookies, or maybe I just picked it up somewhere along the way. Whichever it was, I freely admit my addiction.

When I was a freshman in college I was a pack-a-day-er. seriously. It was the ultimate comfort food for me, and for any of you who knew my roomates, you know I needed a lot of comfort.

I know my brother Seth also shares this love. One time after he was newly married, and again when I was in college, he called me up late one night and said something like "Hey.. what are you doing?.. do you have any milk?" I was like "why? at this hour?" He said "uh.. I was just wondering if you wanted to come over for some graham crackers and milk! I don't have any milk but I do have crackers!" I totally would have been annoyed that he was just using me for my milk... (that doesn't sound bad does it?) but It was actually just the pick-me-up that I needed. Anyway, it was years ago but I still remember it. good times.

The habit has died down to a more manageable level now, but still, I do enjoy a good fix now and then!

Thanks Keebler, you have my undying gratitude.


(for Danielle's peace of mind. I did NOT take this photo.. I borrowed it from Google)

9 comments:

Amanda said...

I love graham crackers and milk too!

Kimberly said...

Ahhhh the comfort of grahm crackers and milk! I love it too!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Yesssssss!

Melanie said...

A pack a day? Really? I think it's awesome and am kind of sad to hear you've toned it down. I like it when other people have food vices just like me. :)

Audrey said...

I wish I could have a more manageable food addiction like yours. Mine is more like a gallon sized bag of chocolate a day thing. It's not my fault, my thighs just keep walking me over to the bag and forcing me to grab some!

Scott & Tami said...

I too am a graham cracker lover!!! Have you ever put them in a bowl and ate them like cereal...oh...I have been doing it since I was a kid....soooo good!!!!

Danielle said...

I would say that this all sounds so yummy that I need to run out and get myself started on this yummy tradition of a treat. But, really, I need another addiction like I need another four years of high school! I will just trust you on the awesomeness of this treat!

Kristi said...

Erik brought this delightful snack to our marriage. Like brother, like sister.

Unknown said...

Yum! I love grams and milk too! But I admit to loving them better with chocholate and marshmallows! :D