Saturday, May 29, 2010

Our Crazy LIfe!

The babies.. yes plural.. crazy... are asleep for a minute and I thought I'd post a quick update even though I should be doing laundry or something :) Anna is almost three weeks old! It's scary how fast time is going.. and literally all it feels like I do is feed babies. Feed one, then the other, play with them, put them down for a quick nap, change diapers and do it all over again. Every three hours. I feel like my head is buried in the sand as far as the outside world is concerned. I hardly even know what's going on with my own family! I know, I asked for this and I'm not really complaining.. I'm just saying how it is :) it wonderful to have these precious ones in our lives. I'm trying not to wish the time away because it is already going fast.. I think I could just really use some sleep or a minute out of the house. I do feel like it's getting better every day and I'm getting a handle on things. Well I feel like that most of the time, and then we have our moments where they gang up on me for hours on end, both demanding equal attention and then I fall apart :) But I have tons of help. Friends and family and neighbors come over every day to help me. Usually someone comes in the morning and someone else in the afternoon. I could NOT do it without the help. Well I guess I could, but I would go insane and I really don't want to be insane.. so instead I have had to learn to suck it up and ask for help and it has made all the difference for me. I can't believe how generous people are to come and help me. Bless them. They make me happy and bring calm and peace and order with them. They are a gift from my Father in Heaven who I know is watching over us and helping us every step of the way.

OK enough of my super serious side. I'm still quite emotional as you can probably tell :) But like I said, getting better every day.


Here is Anna on her two week birthday! She is so beautiful. She would NOT wake up :)

She woke up the next day


These kids are 4 1/2 months apart??? Ha ha Jack is So huge. But oh so handsome and lovable.

Kirk is SUCH a sweet Dad. He takes good care of us all and has a lot of fun playing with the babes.

Oh my Jack. This boy just melts me. MELTS me I tell ya.
He held his own bottle the other day! It was so cute. It was a one time thing :) He's big but he's still just a baby.

So that's pretty much what's going on in our lives right now. Feeding babies :) I will be pretty bad at keeping in touch for a long time I think. It makes me sad but it's all I can do to get even a shower! But hurray for having two beautiful babies! How lucky are we?


17 comments:

The Mounts said...

Beautiful!!!! Congrats again!
~Emily

Scully said...

Oh so sweet! I just want to drive right down and help out. Sadly my professors have other ideas. You guys are amazing!

Kimberly said...

Anna looks like a beautiful baby!! I can't believe how different she looks. Good luck at not going crazy. Don't worry about the outside world, you'll catch up later! We're all thinking about you and wishing you the best.

Danielle said...

Oooooooh, sooooooooooo cute!!!! Time needs to slow down a little so I can come see the babes before they change too much. I wish I could just move in for a couple of months!!

Kriss & Jenni said...

your little girl is just so cute!!!! You have your hands full and seem to be doing a great job at it. Don't worry so much about laundry and other things....spend time with the little ones! Jack seems happy in the pictures and doing well. Keep up the good work!!! Those kids are in one amazing family!

Birgitta said...

ohhhhhhhhh....I need to see them! I need to kiss those yummy neck areas! Anna already has changed a ton.

tamikay said...

I can't even imagine having two! They are both so adorable, and I'm sure they will be the best of buddies growing up. In so many ways it will be hard for awhile, but it will be easier in a lot of ways later. I'm glad you are blessed with good friends to help. Hang in there and enjoy every minute of it!

Karen Brothersen said...

I LOOOOOOVED that post! Those babies of yours are just SO ADORABLE! I could just eat em up! I can't wait to come see them this week! Love you Heather! You are doing great, just hang in there... you are almost done with the up ALL nights!

Relaxed Cat said...

What an awesome challenge. Way to go for being so strong! You're amazing! And the pic of them side-by-side is soooo funny! Remember when Jack was tiny like that? Crazy how fast he grew!

Kristi said...

They are soooo scrumptious! I wish I was there to hold them both. I see those pictures and want to plop Isaac down with them- a little Anna sandwich.

Beautiful babies.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

So precious!! I can't believe how amazing and crazy your life is right now!! How awesome you have so much help!!

WalkConkies said...

SOOO adorable, Heather! I'm going to get rid of this stupid sinus infection so I can come help you soon and snuggle those precious babes!!! They DO grow up way too fast - trust me - I have an 8 year old - CRAZY!!! So, really do just enjoy and don't worry too much about the dirty dishes, dirty laundry, etc. etc. Those babies will thank you some day - and their hugs and kisses and smiles now will remind you of the sacred work you are doing! You are awesome!!! Keep up the good work!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Like Kristi, I would love to plop Isaac in the picture. Three adorable little grand babies!:) Life is good!

Kathy’s Korner said...

They are such cute babies! I wish I were there to help!

The Mohs-Taylor Dayz said...

I am so excited for you guys! A lot of work, I'm sure!! Hang in there. They're beautiful!!
~Alicia

RR said...

Love you guys! Maybe just throw pictures up every so many days..we need to see those kids.

I pray for you and can't even imagine what the night time is like.

BLESS YOU! R

Grandma & Grandpa said...

So ADORABLE! What an amazing thing! I know you two are great parents to both of those dear little babies! Congratulations!! The Hunsakers