Friday, May 21, 2010

Little Anna is here!

Anna Katherine was born on Tuesday, May 11 at 6 p.m.! She weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 19.5 inches long! She is healthy and doing great.








I am recovering well and Kirk and I are like two little zombies walking around with no sleep! Anna is so sweet. She has a much louder set of lungs than Jack though :) She pretty much cried non-stop our first night home.. you can confirm that with my Mom and Dad! She cried most of the nights her first week.. but she is doing much better and we are getting a little more sleep now, thankfully. She is so beautiful and has already changed so much since these pictures! It's amazing.

Labor was definitely hard. I hate to complain because I know there's always someone out there who had it worse. I was in labor about 10 hours, which went by fairly quickly. The contractions were horribly painful in my back until I got the epidural and even after that they still hurt quite a bit. I pushed for 2 1/2 hours!! I didn't even know that was possible. I was thinking about it later that night and did a little guestimation.. so contractions every two minutes, pushing three times each contraction for 10 seconds each, for 2.5 hours- that equals about 230 pushes. UNREAL! Kirk and my Mom were both great coaches and cheerleaders and really helped me get through it. Let's just say I conquered one of my biggest fears and am so happy she's here and I did it!!!

Jack is adjusting well to his little sister. That first night when she cried all night he slept the whole night through it all.. in fact he didn't wake up until she stopped crying at 5 a.m. It made me laugh. They are both so precious and so loved. It is going to really be a challenge this first few months with them both being so young. My parents left on Tuesday and I cried all day on Monday :) I have had a lot of help during the daytime from friends and family and I don't know what I would do without it!! I've had some melt downs along with the babies but every day seems to get better. We are trying to get into a good routine and figure out how to keep everyone happy and mom and dad sane. I get overwhelmed at times, but am really trying to enjoy the journey and let the unimportant stuff go. Kirk is such a wonderful husband and Dad and helps so much. We are thrilled with our two little ones and couldn't be happier. It's hard to believe that a year ago we had no kids, not even an inkling of a child.. and here we are with TWO. AHHH! It's so fun and we feel so blessed.

Well.. who knows when I will post again. hopefully soon because Anna is changing so fast and so is Jack! They are awesome.

14 comments:

Audrey said...

I am so thrilled for your family!!! She is beautiful and he looks so big already next to her. You're in for a wild and sleepless ride. You need to chronicle it as best as you can to remind yourself later that if you could get through this--you can conquer anything. What a special little family you have been blessed with. It couldn't happen to anyone sweeter!

Scully said...

So cute! And it is crazy to see how big Jack is next to her. You guys are amazing! I wish I could be down there to help out, because your babies look so snuggle-able!

Danielle said...

I sure wish I could blink my eyes and be there to help you and to hold those amazing babies!!!!

Karen Brothersen said...

YOU DID IT HEATHER!!!! I love the pics! What a happy little family! I am so excited for you and kirk to venture on the new adventures of parenthood!! Keep blogging (when you get time). Hang in there, it WILL get better. Call me anytime you need some help. And I mean ANYTIME, day or night! love you.

WalkConkies said...

Okay, you made me cry with this post! Another miracle for your sweet family! Way to go on the delivery of sweet little Anna! Andy told me you called back the other night when I was in charge of a scrapbooking night at my house, so I really need to call you and find out what I can do to help! I'm afraid I have a nasty cold right now, so I'll have to snuggle your babies as soon as I'm not contagious! Congratulations! She is a doll and Jack is adorable - they will have SO much fun together as they get older!!!

Relaxed Cat said...

Yay! You did it!! She's darling!! Will call soon!

hennchix said...

Congratulations Heather!! I am so happy for you guys! You won't remember me, but I am Viki Waites Anderson- we lived down the street from you when you lived on the base. Congratulations and soak up every minute!!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! She is precious! Oliver also cried the ENTIRE first night home from the hospital. Luckily, it gets better...Then again, you're already an experienced momma with handsome Jack! You have a beautiful family Heather!

Missy said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! IF there is anything you need let me know...I love babies and I love to help. :) And I don't live so far now. ;)

RR said...

I love your post..I am having one of those days where I feel like killing Olivia.

I tell myself I'm not cut out for this mom stuff, seriously!

Your little family gives me hope.
Hang in there buttercup..I know it's really hard with babies..And you have 2!

You're doing a great job. Can your husband take 6 months off work? ha..

Talk to you soon. R

Lyndy said...

Congrats to you all! What an adventure you're in for! (I'm imagining all the wonderful mischief those two cuties will be getting in some day.) ;) Good luck with everything. Hope you get some good sleep soon-- that makes all the difference!

Sarah Rowley said...

and I think I am too busy to post!!! Congrats on your newest addition!
I don't know how you are going to do it, but I know you will. What an amazing blessing for you and Kirk, two beautiful children!

The Edwards Family said...

We are sooooooo happy for you guys. Anna is adorable!!! Please call me if you need anything.

Unknown said...

Yes, we do believe in MIRACLES of all kinds. We are so thrilled little Anna is here and can play with Jack in a short time. Please know that you continue to be in our prayers as you make ll these adjustments. . . . .It never is easy, but definitely worth it. Hugs from WA! Richard and Tamara