Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloweeeeeen!

I grew up with the Halloween Scrooge as my mother (no offense mother, I love you dearly). No, we tease her but she did great for having 7 kids :) So I inherited a little bit of that same attitude. But this year we tried to get into it a little more and we had so much fun! My sister-in-law Julie found Anna's costume at a consignment shop and got it for her and of course Jack had to be a Jack-o-Lantern! We have a list of 20 things that have "Jack" in them so he's pretty much set for life.. unless he has other plans and then we'll discuss it :) They were so cute and did really well playing along their first real halloween. Anna calls ladybugs "bug bugs" and she LOVED being in her costume. She even let me paint her nails and face which was really surprising. Jack wasn't thrilled with the costume at first but he warmed up to it as the events rolled on. We had our ward Trunk or Treat last Wednesday, then Friday we went to the Legacy Center in Lehi for their event, which is halloween games and trick or treating. We went with lots of cousins and several of Kirk's siblings. It was really fun.


Anna with her cousin, Ellie. Ellie loves Anna to pieces and always takes watching her very seriously. She even didn't paint her face and dye her hair because she didn't want Jack and Anna to be afraid of her.. what a sweetheart.

the whole gang
Jack and Anna on Halloween night. We went trick 0r treating down our street, which is quite a workout if you know where we live. They LOVED it. They totally understood that the candy they were getting were THEIR treasures. They took handfuls when allowed and carefully put them in their pumpkin buckets. Their buckets got so heavy their little arms were dragging but they would NOT let them go. I think Anna said "MINE" for the first time... look out.. don't mess with that girl's candy! They worked hard for their treats and really got into it. So darling.

Jack doesn't believe in unwrapping his candy before he eats it.


Yummy chocolate.. I have to agree! They're not old enough to realize that Mom and Dad are skimming off the top!

And I had to throw this in for good measure... I'm pretty sure the "terrible two's" have arrived.. this is a regular occurrence here these days. He's got it down. look out Mama!

12 comments:

RR said...

your kids are so cute!

Tami said...

Oh my gosh, they are getting so big!!!!!! So stinking cute!!!

WalkConkies said...

They are adorable! Glad you're able to share the chocolate this year ;)!

Birgitta said...

I think Anna has grown up since I saw you last! They are absolutely adorable in their costumes! Halloween is fun.....

I'm glad you posted - I loved all the pictures!

Lea Ann said...

I think it was smart to go with the Jack o lantern at this age. He might protest if you were to save it for his teenage years. They are so big and adorable. You need to make a trip down here to see us.

hennchix said...

Super cute!! We called it "taxes"
When we snagged some of our kids treats- never too young for life lessons you know!!;p)

Kimberly said...

I can't believe how much they change in each blog post. It's amazing. They are ADORABLE.

Unknown said...

They are so cute!

Kathy’s Korner said...

Oh! Grandma is in love!!!!!!!!! They are so cute in their costumes. I love Anna's paint! What a sweet cousin!!!!!!!

Clark perrins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Hey Heather - Would you please send me your email address (earlma@aol.com).
Thanks

abo-bder said...


شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الي الامارات-دبي
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات