Friday, September 12, 2008

Good Times in the Great State of Washington

Kirk and I took a little jaunt to Washington last weekend! It was very fun and much needed! We flew into Seattle on Friday morning and my parents picked us up. We went down town to Pike's Market and walked around for a few hours. It was quite an adventure. We had to see the guys throw the fish of course, and we ran into BYU coach Santiago (I think that was his name?). He was very nice. There were BYU fans all over the place.. it was great. Then my parents really wanted the experience of eating at Ivar's Seafood restaurant so we hiked forever to get down to the water, then my parents discovered that it was $16/plate and if you know my dad you know that ain't hapenin' :) (love you dad!). Kirk and I don't like seafood so we were kind of relieved. My parents stopped for a little snack at McDonalds (very ironic after the hike to Ivar's) and Kirk and I found Red Robin and we met up and enjoyed lunch on the balcony overlooking Elliott Bay.




It was such a perfect, beautiful day in Seattle. If you've ever been to Seattle on a clear sunny day you know how crazy beautiful it is.


We stayed the night Friday night and then went to the BYU/UW game on Saturday. We helped my parents at the tailgate party before the game, then headed over to the stadium for the game. It was SUPER!! It was such a great game, and there were so many BYU fans that we had a loud presence there. We were sad that our victory is tainted by the so-called "controversial" penalty at the end of the game. But we know that the cougs totally deserved to win that game.

This was our view from our seats at the Husky stadium. Breath-taking!

My brother-in-law, Curtis, was dressed head-to-toe in BYU apparel, but was wishing he could cheer for UW, hence the sign. We got a good laugh out of that.. though we know that deep down he was SO glad to be a cougar that day :)





My sister's baby was blessed over the weekend as well. It was the first time we met her. I LOVE- LOVE her!! She is SOOO beautiful and I miss her so terribly much it almost hurts. She is so sweet.


Clark goofing around.. I could tell he was thrilled to have some visitors at home.

Kirk and I played the Wii for the first time ever. It was SO fun.. we were sore for days afterward. Sad i know. Kimberly and Kirk are playing tennis here. Kimberly is SERIOUS about her Wii Tennis, which made losing any point to the non-tennis-playing Kirk ever so painful. It was entertaining fo sho!
The Moses Lake Fountain.. for the first time in my life (and my mom's and sister's) we walked across this bridge at home and we got these great pics in front of the ML fountain. Yeah baby!

If you've been paying attention to all the photos on our blog.. you can see that Kirk and I really like the shirts that we're wearing. I don't know why, but we always have them on when we have picture day for some reason! Oh well.

Ok, I'm not keeping my word on the short posts. I can see I will be blogging in spurts. That's just the kind of gal I am.

Thanks Mom and Dad and Kimberly and everyone for a great weekend. Wish we were still there!

4 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

That was a great week end and we miss you so much it hurts. We love to have the family come and visit. Nice post Heath!

Birgitta said...

Sounds like a lot of fun...and we were home like suckers! :)

We wish we could have been there...I miss Baylee too and I haven't been to Seattle since Danielle got married!

Danielle said...

Ohh, that baby gets cuter and cuter! What a fun time...sure sad to have missed it. You guys are so stinkin cute in your pictures...so photogenic!

just a mom with a camera said...

hey heather i was bummed when my mom said i missed you at church when you were in moses, i would've loved to have seen you. maybe next time your in moses. looks like you had a great weekend. i'm glad your sister moved into our ward, i'm excited to get to know her and i'm glad i found your blog so we can keep in touch.....jami