Wednesday, June 3, 2009

On a Happier Note...

The last part of May wasn't half bad!  We celebrated Kirk's birthday on the 17th. He turned 33 years old!  We had a great day.  We worked on the house for the first few hours of the day, then had my family and some Kirk's close friends over for some bbq.  I got him this spiffy helmet for when he goes four wheeling, so his noggin will be safe.  

His aunt gave him this great plant for his office.  We live in a weed-infested unfinished yard, so we've really been in the mood for flowers and plants these days.

The next weekend we got together with some of Kirk's old college roomates, from when he used to live in "the palace".  We went to a park nearby our house and had another bbq while the kids played on the toys and it sprinkled on and off all day.  In attendance were the fabulous Brian and Melanie Gunnel, Marie Bjornberg, and Corey N. (cuz I forgot how to spell his big fat long German last name).  It was SO super fun. To me, there is nothing better than good friends and family.  


We are keeping plenty busy these days with work on the house and with our church callings. Kirk and I put up the crown molding in the master bathroom last weekend and we're on to the bedroom and hallway next. It is exciting to see it all coming together.  

We've been getting up three mornings a week to go for a run, which has been really helpful and good for us.  

Anyway, life is pretty good. I shouldn't complain. I do, but I really shouldn't because we are so blessed in so many ways.

10 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Those event look great, I agree, there is nothing better than friends and family. Can hardly wait to see your house!

WalkConkies said...

You guys are amazing to be able to do all that fun stuff to your house! And, you are awesome friends - we need to get together, neighbors!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle said...

Way to go on the house! And way to go on your choice of friends. Mel and Brian are pretty great, eh? Even if they are moving away!!

Melanie said...

Way to go on the running thing. Oy...I hate running but you may inspire me yet.

It was so fun to get together the other weekend. Too bad we won't be able to do it more! Thanks so much for hosting. It was a blast.

Melanie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kirk! I wish I had known you guys were getting together. I think I was in Utah that week.

Josie said...

i can't believe you guys are able to stay married with so many home improvement projects!

and i say complain all you want. if you don't, it will just get all bottled up inside.

love you, and your sheep's butt

Unknown said...

Happy Bday to your wonderful husband!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!!!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!

RR said...

Hey heather..how are things going? I have been thinking about you this week. Let me know how you are doing. Rach

VW said...

Heather - your mom sent me her blog address and then I found yours. How fun to hear about your life again! My hubby is 33 as well, must be a good age. Best wishes - VaLynn (but I go by VW on blogger)