Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us!

Kirk and I have been married for 5 years! January 21st was our anniversary. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I have truly loved being married to Kirk. Our relationship has grown so much and we are truly best friends. Kirk has been such a great husband to me. He's loved me for who I am and helped me to become a better person. He's supported me through so many trials and heartaches and with his tender heart been such a comfort to me through many hard times. We have also had so many fun and wonderful times together! He makes me laugh all the time. I think it is so awesome to be married to someone with such a great sense of humor. We have our little inside jokes and can sometimes just look at each other and know what each other is laughing about on the inside. Kirk is so hard working and he has made our home so beautiful. He is a great partner to me and helps me with so much, even little things like dishes and vacuuming :). He is a really great Dad to little Jack and loves him so much. He helps me with him in the middle of the night and doesn't complain about it at all. Kirk is a kind hearted and generous person. He has been a positive influence in many people's lives and I have learned so much by watching him in his callings and in his relationships with work and family. He is so talented at so many things. So creative.


Us at Temple Square this Christmas. 5 years ago we had our picture taken in this exact spot on our wedding day. Of course we weren't as chubby back then :)


We had almost decided not to do anything to celebrate because we haven't really been taking Jack out much, and we didn't have a babysitter.. but at the last minute I called Mariel and she so excitedly accepted our request watch Jack while we went to dinner and then to Color Me Mine. Color Me Mine is this little ceramics place where you can go and paint a ceramic and then they fire it up for you all shiny. We actually went there on our first year anniversary and just made little magnets out of little tiles with stuff signifying one year. We talked about going back to do another magnet for our 5 year anniversary so that's what we decided to do. It probably doesn't sound that exciting, but it was really fun and low key and it was nice to celebrate a little with each other. It's funny how much you can miss your baby though even when you're only gone for 2 hours!! :) Anyhoo.. it was a really fun night.

I love you so much Kirk and I'm looking forward to many many more happy years to come!


8 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

Happy anniversary!

Lea Ann said...

So glad you got such a great guy. But then again Kirk hit the jackpot as well. Happy Anniversary!

Mariel Conrad (Hansen) said...

Did your tiles turn out? Im glad that you guys got to do something :) you are both so awesome. Happy anniversary!!

Birgitta said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you! Kirk really is a great guy - we love him too! You are pretty wonderful yourself Heather! :)

Kristi said...

I agree with the other comments. You guys are great! Happy anniversary!

Now in the style of Fred Flintstone...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! HAAAPY Anniversary! Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Anniversary! Happy Happy Happy Happy Happy Ann--ah--ver--sah-reeeeee! Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary! HAAAPY Anniversary! Whew.

Missy said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! You both make an amazing and inspiring couple!

WalkConkies said...

Congrats on 5 years!!! I think your cute date sounds so fun! Excited to see you tomorrow!!! (wow, it's almost today - I guess I better get to bed :)

Marc and Megan said...

I came here from the R house... and I'm so stunned by how similar our stories are. We were chosen to adopt at the end of August - a baby boy due Jan. 11 (but arrived on Dec. 27). Then, just ten days later we found out we were expecting - on May 17th. Our birthmother was totally set on us even though we were pregnant and so now we have a little one month old home with us and one coming in just a few short months! Anyway, I'm so excited for you!!