Monday, January 11, 2010

Jack Attack!

Is this one cute baby boy or what!!!?? We are so in love with little Jack. We can't believe how lucky we are to be his parents! It is so fun to be at home with him and to spend so much time in his sweet presence. He is a little angel. And he smells DIVINE :)

He sleeps most of the time. Although people have said "oh, he'll wake up in a couple of weeks" and I think they were right! He's starting to be awake more and more and it's so fun to see his beautiful eyes. He still has his days and nights mixed up.. so sleep isn't something we're getting a whole lot of. And I know that absolutely none of you feel sorry for us :) That's ok. We did sign up for this.. just don't hate us when our personalities go out the window!


Jack is still so tiny! Look at those little arms. My favorite are his little calf muscles. They are the most adorable thing I've ever seen. His two week appointment is this week and we're hoping he's back over 5 pounds. We're confident that he will be. He's a pretty good little eater!


I'm so happy I get to be his Mama. He is so precious. He loves to have his little hands by his face, especially when he sleeps.

Mariel's mother gave Jack this little penguin while they were in the hospital with him. He was so cute this one morning. I put it in his crib and he just couldn't take his eyes off of it! His eyes would slowly drift shut, then they would pop open again to stare at the penguin. I watched that go on for seriously 5 minutes. It was so adorable!

Kirk's an awesome Dad and he helps me so much with the diapers feeding and all that fun stuff :) He loves his little Jack. When Kirk got home from his first Monday at work away from Jack, he came home and was holding him and out of the blue declared "OH Jack.. you're my FAVORITE!" It was so hilarious. He sounded just like a little kid.

This Jack at his first Pediatrician appointment. He's just laying on the butcher paper waiting for the doc. After the doctor checked under the hood and found a poopy, he lightly folded the diaper up for me to come and take care of it and Jack peed all over the table. Nice :)

Well there's a quick update. We're doing great and loving our new job as Jack's parents. He is amazing. It's hard to believe there is another little one coming in May. What have we gotten ourselves in to!! No, we are excited, but boy, we really are never going to sleep again!

15 comments:

Kathy’s Korner said...

We love him too, thanks for sharing!

Danielle said...

Ah, sleep is highly overrated, right?! At least not while you are in love with a new little baby. I can still smell him!! Give him a big fat kiss for me!

Missy said...

This melts my heart to hear all about your cutest Jack ever! And that baby smell is so addictive! Congratulations, again and again!

Scully said...

So cute - I want to abandon my hideous homework and drive down to meet him! And it is so amazing how quickly they change and grow - even after only a week.

Lesley said...

Ahhhh! I love to think of you guys are PARENTS! This is so so so exciting. And your little Jack is a handsome little guy. I love the picture of you looking at him with the tree in the background. What a beautiful mommy you make!

I love the story of what Kirk said when he got home from work. That kind of love is so adorable to hear about! BIG CONGRATULATIONS!

Scott & Tami said...

What precious moments!!! Jake is 5 and I'm still getting no sleep. Between sicknesses, potty training, night terrors, and sometimes I wonder why they are up....but yes, I LOVE every minute. Soak it up sista!!! Love you!

WalkConkies said...

Okay, I think I'm ready for a Jack Attack! Kassi is getting over a cough, so I'll have to sneak over there one of these nights while Andy is home! But, then Kirk might not let me hold his FAVORITE :0)! You guys are too cute! Sooo happy for you both! He is so sweet!

Relaxed Cat said...

Lol! all over the table, egh? Love it! What a precious boy!

hennchix said...

Oh Heather! We are so excited for you both!! Babies bring joy to everyone, and you surely deserve all the joy you feel now. You probably don't remember me, but I lived down the street from you when you were born- Pres. P. used to bring you down to my dad when no one could soothe you. It is wonderful to see you now with your new little guy. God Bless you all.

Derek said...

Sleep when you're dead. That's what I always say.

Kale said...

Congratulations he is adorable!!! And yes you will sleep again I promise. Before you know it he will be walking around throwing attitude at you so enjoy your sleepless nights they are precious and fleeting.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

He is so precious. I have so happy for you guys. Reading your blog everytime makes my eyes water. I'll just blame it on being pregnant!!

Miken Harding said...

YEAH! Motherhood looks amazing on you! For a good sleeper, the book I swear by is Babywise, you can get it at Walmart. Definately worth it. Both my kids sleep 12 hours straight! WAHOO. Congrats! YOU guys are gonna rock as parents! Can't wait to meet him.

Unknown said...

Congrats Kirk and Heather. Sorry to be so slow with commenting--just found out today that Jack is here. We are both so thrilled for you and your precious Jack. Yes, we do believe in past, current, and future miracles. How wonderful that you are participating in this tremendous miracle. Richard and Tamara

lanita said...

Looking at these pictures just made me want to cry. What a beautiful boy and what a great lookin' family. I'm just so happy for all of you.