Monday, January 4, 2010

Jack Edmund Is Here!!!



Little Jack Edmund was born on Tuesday, December 29 at 7:57 p.m.!!! He weighed in at 5 lbs 2 oz and was 18 inches long. He is the sweetest, most precious and beautiful baby boy ever!

Mariel went in for a routine checkup on Tuesday because Jack's growth was a little behind and he was a little stressed, so they decided to just put her into labor! She texted me that morning letting me know the very unexpected news!! It was like "um.. Kirk... our baby is coming TODAY!" We were definitely not expecting him so early. Mariel ended up having a c-section, poor thing. We had the most special 3 days in the hospital with baby Jack, Mariel and her mother. We bonded with Jack, celebrated our first New Year, and just enjoyed the special spirit of our friendship with his birth family. It was so sacred and little Jack is so so amazing.

Placement took place on Friday evening and little Jack came home with us Saturday morning (he had to stay an extra night to get treated for jaundice). We've survived our first few days so far! We're tired and it's amazing how busy he keeps us! He sleeps great, is eating great and is healthy! He is such an angel. And he's so little!!! I don't remember the last time I was around a baby so tiny. We love him so so much, and every day we love him even more. We just hold him and stare at him and gush with love.

Adoption is such a miracle. We are in awe of Mariel and her family. Jack's birth family loves him so much and we know it was just absolutely the hardest thing they have ever had to do. They want the world for him and Kirk and I hope we can give it to him! We love Mariel and her parents and family so much too. The time we spent with them this last week was unforgettable.

There is so much to share, but I don't think I'll take the time in this post. Just wanted to share our wonderful news... finally!!

34 comments:

Scully said...

He is so very, very beautiful! I'm so excited for you two (well, 3 now)!

Unknown said...

Congrats! He is beautiful!

The Gang said...

Congratulations!!! He is so cute and I love his "Smithers" picture. Awesome! Congrats again!

Kriss & Jenni said...

Congrats!!! What a great ending to the year for you and a great beginning to 2010!!! He is a handsome little guy!!!
Jenni

Nicole said...

Wow, congratulations you guys! Wow, what an amazing year you are going to have, and you had such a great kick off! Lots of tears here - happy ones and amazed ones :) My heart goes out to Mariel as she recovers from the c section - I had one too, but since she's much younger she will recover even more quickly I'm sure. Lots of luck and blessings to all of you!

Adri said...

I'm so excited for you. He is beautiful! Boys are awesome. You will love it. :)

Melanie said...

Oh, he's just the cutest thing. Congratulations!! Can't wait for lots and lots of updates.

Jill & Seth said...

He truly is a beautiful baby! You are wonderful parents too.
Jill

John and Jada McFarlane said...

Oh my heck! He is here, and he is gorgeous! Congratulations on the new baby boy!

Scott & Tami said...

He is so precious. Congratulations...can't wait to see more photos. What an amazing experience!!!!

Kimberly said...

WAY TOO CUTE! I can't believe it. It's too exciting. Congrats. You'll make some wonderful parents!

Karen Brothersen said...

What a little angel straight out of heaven! Congrats! Let me know if you need anything, any hour! 2010 is your year! We Love you three (and a half). xoxo

Relaxed Cat said...

Oh he's so beautiful!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! Sweet, sweet Mariel!!

Heidi said...

He is precious - what a miracle! Oliver was given the same aqua soothie pacifier at the hospital. It used to take up half his face! I gave it to him when he was fussing this morning and it's too small for him now. It's so cliche, but they really do grow up so fast! I'm really happy for you.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

How amazing!! I am so happy for your new littls family!!! Congrats he is adorable!! Love you all!!

Audrey said...

What a handsome little man. I'm thrilled for your family. I can only imagine how busy you are going to be when your other baby makes his arrival as well.

The Edwards Family said...

I'm sooooo excitied for you guys. He is a beautiful baby. I can't wait to meet him.

Kimberley said...

Wow!!!! He is dang cute!
Huge congratulations can't wait to meet him.

luke & misty meldrum family said...

Oh I am sooooo happy for you guys! Isn't is just so emotional when the baby is born and all the hospital stuff and then you sign the papers and then you bring him home and just stare at him!!! It seems so unreal the first little while. Oh this makes me remember the first time we got our little Max (well big now). One of the best things about adopting is you BOTH can share the bottle feeding duty in the middle of the night! Have so much fun being a mommy and daddy! I so thirlled for you! Love you guys! Misty

Lori said...

He is soo HANDSOME!! I am VERY excited for you. I can't wait to see him in person. Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations parents! I woke up this morning thinking about you guys and that you should have your baby by now. I got all teary-eyed looking at the pics and reading about it. So excited for you. We just got our profile put on itsaboutlove so we are pretty excited too!

Mariah said...

Heather, I'm so so excited and happy for you and Kirk. Jack is adorable & I loved Mariel's story with how it all happened. Congratulations to you!!

Derek said...

Congrats to all involved.

Kristi said...

We are so thrilled that Jack has joined your family. He is so scrumptious!!! I have LOVED looking at all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

congrats! I love the Smithers photo. You'll be great parents!

Jess said...

He is SO cute!!! Big congrats, So very happy for you :D

Annalyn said...

Heather - congratulations. I am just so happy for you guys. What a miracle - all of it. I can not believe you will have another one so soon...basically twins! Good luck, good luck! Hope to keep in touch.

Cynthia said...

Congratulations!!! Are you tired of hearing that? I've enjoyed all the news and pictures. I love the picture of Heather and Jack looking into each others eyes. Kirk's 5 o'clock shadow is so appropriate for the new father!
With love, Cynthia

Melanie said...

So tiny! So cute! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Yahoo! It is amazing and touching to read about little Jack. What a cute guy. I have a feeling he and Olivia will get along just fine. Congrats. It brings back recent tender memories, bringing our first home just 2 months ago. Babies are just very precious. Congrats. Troy

WalkConkies said...

Oh, he is absolutely adorable!!! We are SOOOO happy for you guys! Congratulations and we'll be seeing you very soon!

The Great Granperrins said...

So very happy for you both.
Lots of Love, Aunti Di

ashleyboice said...

Heather...I am so happy for you. He is so beautiful. Aren't little babies the best? Congrats.

Mrs. Black said...

Congrats! Adoption is such a miracle. Best of luck with #2!