Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Babies Aren't Babies Anymore!

Well since I'm tired of starting every post with a comment about how I can't believe how long it's been.. I won't this time.. hehehe.

I was talking to my sister today and she reminded me that I really needed to post pictures of the kids, she couldn't even picture what they looked like! How sad.

Jack & Anna are AWESOME! We spend all day playing together. We have a lot of fun. They are both growing and learning so quickly. They are so smart and beautiful.

Jack is 13 1/2 months. He is crawling at lightning fast speeds and getting into EVERYTHING! He walks with support from his shopping cart toy, or walks along the couch or anything as long as he has something to hold on to. He is so happy and loving. He knows the word "kiss" and loves getting and giving them. He loves his family so much. His favorite things to do are steal Anna's binkeys, toys and bottles and get chased, get into drawers and cupboards, drink milk, give hugs and kisses, read books, give high fives and torture the cat. He loves to do anything that will get him in trouble and have me after him.. getting the remotes controls are the TOP prize. He is so proud when he gets them in his little hands. He loves to play with Anna, but often just ends up beating on her.. She is getting much better at taking it and is getting good at fighting back :) He is our boy and we love LOVE him!

Anna is 9 months old and getting SO chubby. Her head is in the 90% :) Very big brains. She is SO fun and funny. She cried for the first 5 months and she is making up for it now by being a pretty much perfect angel. She has the cutest laugh and smile but she makes you work for it. She is very independent and likes her space. She sits on the floor and entertains herself SO well, it's amazing. She is smart and loves to read books and turn the pages. She is a very good eater and loves to try new foods. She loves her big brother. She gets so excited when he crawls over to her. If she's tired though she'll sound the alarm when he gets too close because she knows he's coming to steal her toys. She hates to be fidgeted with (rolling up her sleeves, wiping her face, etc). She can turn that cry on and off I tell ya. She's our little girl and both she and her brother pretty much rule the roost. But we don't mind.

Jack has really struggled with his asthma this winter. We have been so homebound. He's had cold after cold after cold. They are really hard on him and he has to have steroids and lots of medicine to treat him because he gets very wheezy. He seems to be tolerating all the meds better with each cold and we hope things will let up soon. I have a hard time being in the house so much and not being able to go anywhere. I'm trying to keep my spirits up but it's hard sometimes. I'm doing alright though and we have really good days more than bad. I have lots of help still from family and it saves me!

Well I didn't want to make this long so I'll quit! But it does feel good to check in with the world, although I'm sure the world has stopped checking in on me by now :) Don't give up on me.. I'm trying! I think I won't even know how to act if I ever go in public again! So sad.

Here are some of my favorite pics of late:

Anna is so pretty in pink with her big blue eyes.


Have you ever seen a more handsome boy? I mean really... have you?


Dumping out the toy bin is a daily ritual.


Anna Banana in December


Jack offering to help get her out of her seat :)


just playing on the floor.. also a daily ritual.

Good night!

12 comments:

Relaxed Cat said...

Oh my goodness! Jack doesn't look like a baby anymore at all! I'm amazed at how tall he is, and yes very very handsome! And such a cutie Anna! Your stamina is incredible.

Kimberly said...

Holy cow. They're so big. Actually, Anna looks the same to me! That's nice though, I'm glad I didn't miss anything, the next time I see her, we'll pick up where we left off. I can't believe how CUTE they are. I'm in love. I wish you had a friend next door like I do. It's great to have a good friend, and the convenience of someone next door is the best. I'll pray for you (don't you love it when people say that?), no but really I think about you often! Much love sis!

RAL said...

Ah I'm sorry your little guy has had it rough with the colds and asthma. Our little guy has had similar problems but definitely not as bad. They are thinking his might be food allergy related. Our girls sound very similar. Lol maybe it's something to do with that may 11th b-day and having big bros so close to them :)
I was just telling my hubby the other day that things are finally at the beginning of getting easier. It is hard to stay in so much but they are so worth it and wouldn't trade it for anything :) it really is nice to read about your family and know there is someone who knows a similar routine :) we should try to get together when we come out there this summer.

Karen Brothersen said...

WOW! They are soooo precious! I love that Jack was laying IN the toy bin! That was cute! And Ana is so sweet with her giraffe!

WalkConkies said...

Absolutely adorable kiddos, Heather! Thanks for posting! They are SO worth it - I need to get out & visit you & your fun kids - we're home bound a lot w/ the babe and potty training as well! Fun stuff!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Thanks for the update!! They are so cute!! I think around 1 is a fun age. So so cute

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you posted! These babies just grow too fast so it's good to see them along the way. Jack is such a little man. Wow! What a handsome little guy he is! Anna has the sweetest look. She is so pretty and so girly. You are blessed to have such a cute pair of babes! Wish we were closer!

Audrey said...

Thanks for the updates. Those blue eyes she has are so striking! He's becoming such a little man. How cute they both are!

Kriss & Jenni said...

Thanks for the update!!! Your kids are so cute! Don't worry, nice weather is on the way and then you will be outside with these two all the time.
Jenni

Jill & Seth said...

They are so darn cute!!! You are entering a really fun stage. Enjoy
Jill

RR said...

Your kids look so much alike it's a trip.

How are you doing? Getting any sleep?

The babes are adorable!

RR said...

text me sometime I'd love to talk.

I understand I waited so long to have Olivia and she cried for almost 6 months straight.

I thought I'd lose it..but things are better now..

I'd love to hear from you. I need to come to Utah to see you.
(360)359-3643